Monday, April 09, 2007

Fortunes We Might Not Notice


Only today i realized how great it is to be at this BIG sporting club.

When i was in Alexandria, I used to love going to ASC - the biggest sporting club there - especially when it wasn't crowded. However, not being a paying member held me from fully enjoying it. I didn't feel ownership. And lack of ownership means lack of belonging. It is ironic that this is the case despite the fact that I spent most of my childhood and teenage year at ASC.

Today the weather was beautiful, so i decide to go for a workout. I went to the
Arrillaga Sports Center(above), a big fitness center. I ran for ten minutes on the treadmill and then did some chest and biceps workouts. After i finished the gym, i thought of running some more outdoors. The sun was beautiful. I went to the track field were there were very few people. I took off my shirt to enjoy this sun. I ran for 20 minutes and then headed home. Ooh! I didn't go home. I was home... I was at Stanford.


No comments: