Sunday, April 15, 2007

Never Lose Hope. God is the most Forgiving and the most Merciful

In these two verses of the Qur'an from Sorat Al-Zumor God says "tell my worshipers who have transgressed against their souls, despair not of the mercy of Allah. God forgives all sins. God is the forgiving and the merciful. Turn to your Lord repentant, and surrender to Him, before there come unto you the doom, when ye cannot be helped."

I run into these verses in a time i needed them most. I am most grateful to Allah.

PS: I am neither a scholar nor a professional translator. The above is my own interpretation of these two verses.

2 comments:

oldmoe said...

I see you are mixing Yusuf Ali's and Pikthal translations. I used to do that myself :)

Ziad Mokhtar said...

Yeah, i use them as a starting point as they are available at http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/.
But i can't guarantee that either their or my translation is accurate.

Saying that you "used" to, what do u do now?