Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Following the crowds into a baseball game

I arrived at San Francisco at 4pm. It was a little early for my 6pm dinner. I had in mind going downtown, usually it is very lively on weekends so i thought i would hang out there until dinner time. When i was getting off the train a voice came from the train's speakers telling everyone to enjoy the game, then there were crowds of ppl moving together towards the AT&T park - the baseball arena. I knew it was just a few blocks away from the train station, i had a couple of hours before my dinner, so i followed the crowd, bought a ticket, and went into the game. My first baseball game.

I couldn't stay for the whole game, but i stayed enough to learn some of the rules from Fred, an american guy who sat next to me. The game might not be the most exciting thing, but the atmosphere was the nice thing, it's more of a social festival. U r more likely to run into families, groups of friends, and couples, than u will run into hardcore fans. A very pleasant place to hang out on a Sunday afternoon.

As usual the American's make the best out of anything. The event touches on patriotic feelings as well as broad human emotions, and ofcourse has a considerable amount of promotional aspects.

No comments: